1.12.10

Super Gross - 1st Half

This is a backdated post, written on Friday morning.

Two mysterious things happened.

Early this morning, around 2.00 a.m., I was woken up by (to my ears) a loud noise. I sat up, startled, looking around – only to find nothing. I was sleeping with Emma on the floor in her room (Emma started on her mattress but found her way into my arms on only a comforter), our first of hopefully many others.

When I tried sleeping again, I banged Emma’s bottle of minyak yuyi cap limau on the floor, out of boredom. I discovered that a portion of the floor underneath where I was lying was hollow, thus making the banging noises louder. Plus, I was lying down, so it sounded much louder to my ears.

One mystery solved.

When I tried sleeping again, I heard footsteps. Bilik Emma, just like every other room in the house, pakai tikar getah. Bunyi tapak kaki berjalan atas tikar getah di pagi yang hening adalah quite obvious. Again I sat up, looking around. That’s when I saw it. A huge, big, gigantic rat! Masha Allah, terperanjatnya aku! Just about 1 foot away from my, urm, right foot. Super gross OK. Hereinafter known as Super Gross. Super besar tikus tu, almost as big as a month old kitten but with much shorter legs.

I shooed Super Gross away and it sort of berjalan lenggang kangkung behind a mounting board I kept in the room. So not afraid of humans this Super Gross. I quickly picked Emma up, woke Zufri who was sleeping at the living room (I know, our sleeping arrangement is agak scattered at the mo) and told him about Super Gross.

Dia kata agaknya cicak tak?

What?

WHAT?! Adakah aku kelihatan seperti seorang yang tak dapat membezakan antara tikus dan cicak? Seriously? Granted, I wasn’t wearing my glasses, but still??!

Insulting my eyesight sungguh.

Anyways, I hauled our asses into our actual bedroom lah, while Zufri, convinced that my eyes deluded me, stayed on at the living room.

Within minutes everybody was asleep. Suddenly I heard Emma crying.

Lo and behold,

IT WAS SUPER GROSS ON MY BED!!!!

AND IT BIT EMMA’S JARI KELINGKING!!

It was bleeding profusely. OK maybe not that much, but she bled all over my t-shirt. Babiturat ok tikus tu. Masa Emma menjerit dia dah berlenggang kangkung turun katil. Aku angkat Emma lari pegi kat Zufri (masa tu baru perasan darah tu). Zufri amek kayu golf nak belasah tikus tu. Hahaha. Tapi cari-cari tak jumpa. Emma sambung tido. Hehe.

We went to the clinic, thinking Emma might need to get a shot of anti virus ke or whatever. Instead the doctor just gave her some antibiotics, some anti-allergy meds and some painkillers. I told the doctor that the wound looks quite deep; doesn’t she need like an injection? He confidently said no. We’re taking his word for it. If something looks out of place, we’re taking her straight to the hospital. And we’re gonna sue his ass off.

2nd mystery not solved. Don’t know where Super Gross came from. No spaces left open.

No comments: